The primary objective of the preschool program is to develop in each child a positive self-concept, a sense of personal responsibility, creativity, self-control, positive peer relationships, verbal skills, and an ability to interact in groups. A warm and caring environment helps each child fulfill his or her potential. To develop enthusiasm for learning, acquire basic skills, and have a sense of self confidence, this is the purpose and goal of our preschool program.
In addition to the general admission documents, there are several other considerations:
• Age requirement – Must be complied with on/or before September 30th of the current academic year:
-PPK is three years
-PK is four years
-K is 5 years
• All preschool students must be toilet trained.
• Evaluations – As soon as a preschool student turns 4, parents must provide the admissions office with a copy of a Psychometric evaluation.
A play date (screening interview) will be scheduled after all documents have been received. During the play date:
1. Your child will visit a classroom
2. We will casually engage your child while showing you both our school
3. We will evaluate, with your help, your child’s readiness for preschool.
a. We will not “quiz” or stress your child in any way.
b. Your child will probably really enjoy the experience – in some cases, your child may join in on a fun preschool activity.
4. It is unnecessary and not helpful to “prepare” for the discussion. It tends to create stress where it is not needed.
After the interview and within a week of receiving all the necessary information, we will provide you with an admission decision