Summer is fast approaching and now is the perfect time to be planning for summer activities. Robinson School, through in-class and co-curricular activities and initiatives, attempts to model for students what it means to be an engaged member of a community of active, life-long learners. The school year may end for our students, but summer presents our community with the chance to shift some focus towards the wealth of opportunities that allow our students to experience and apply their learning beyond the classroom. The following are just a few of the many available. Follow the links for additional information.
on campus opportunities such as…
- Robinson School’s summer academic courses
Off campus academic, service and travel opportunities such as…
- Pre-college summer programs run through prestigious colleges and universities like Harvard, Stanford or the University of Miami
- Oxbridge Summer Programs and cultural experiences in England, France, Spain, Scotland and the U.S. mainland
- Service opportunities in our local community or through Rustic Pathways
- Engineering Summer Camps at the University of Puerto Rico – Mayaguez campus
- National Student Leadership Conference
- Bricks 4 Kidz – Lego building, robotics and Minecraft camps in the San Juan metro area
At home (or on vacation!)…
- Robinson encourages all students to continue working in the areas of Mathematics and English/Language Arts during the summer months.
- Read independently or work with a tutor.
- Continue with Math or English IXL during the summer months (the license is valid all year).
- Stanford University’s online programs for high-achieving learners.
- Brain Chase and other fun online summer learning options for kids.
- Participate in the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or for any support in pursuit of opportunities for enrichment, growth and experience for students.
We look forward to seeing and hearing about your summer experiences. So, what will we be asking? Whether you visited a museum, went to camp, joined a book club, traveled, participated in a workshop or summer program or took advantage of any other exciting opportunity this summer?T he Robinson Team wants you to SHARE your experiences with us.
- Snap a photo.
- Send the photo a short description with your name and what you’re doing to email@example.com.
You can inspire your peers and others through your experiences!